Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ready. set.

I'm about to leave on my big bike trip.  I have everything almost ready. It is only going to take a small amount of packing my trailer and then I'm off. I have to say ciao to a few important people so I wont have a chance to tell of my many adventures in Middlebury, IN or show off my video yet. Soon hopefully I will buckle down on this thing and keep a more accurate record of my daily activities. Keep in touch, I could probably use some afternoon conversations to keep my wheels turning. 808 769 0598 I got a bluetooth speaker to allow me to communicate on bike.

Here is the daily update.
I woke up early to go tour around Elkhart, IN with the city arborist Daniel Coy. We cruised around town and he showed me all the cool things he is working on. They do a lot in Elkhart to keep up to date on their tree city USA status and to plant three trees for every one that the city removes.  He said once the Emerald Ash Borer problem is dealt with he will have more free time to plant trees but for now there are hundreds of dead trees standing in public places. Please do your part and not move firewood, its really detrimental to a lot more than you could ever know.  I got really stoked because of Dan's excitement, he loves trees more than I do, and is so passionate about his job.
 Next, I went to Grandma Hoover's and pulled out some spirea bushes she didn't want. It was a good thing she fed me lunch, because I didn't spend too much on junk food at the store.   I got some grains, beans, dog food, and essentials for my trip and headed home. One last stop at the Pumpkin vine cycle shop and I am now ready for my adventure. I got tires, pedals, a bright green helmet, tools,  and waterbottle cages. Then I helped Mom move some furniture and ran the dog for a couple miles down the bike path. Once again he knows that something is up, I'm sure he feels the same nervous tension I do, like a belly full of coffee. We stopped in to Evan's to try once again to finish Jackson's wedding keg of Bells, Two Hearted. There is still over a gallon and no one has the guts to help me. So, after this post I'm relieving my duties of editing my video and doing a favor to my best friends to hang out one more time, possibly the last time in a few years, share my love and say aloha.

2 comments:

  1. We are ready and set for more blog posts! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be reading and anxiously awaiting your adventures JD! God speed

    ReplyDelete