Thursday, June 12, 2014

day 1

That two hearted SOB got me, it took far to long to drink that keg. I didn't wake up early and my mom had to shake me out of bed so she could have a proper goodbye.  I packed up the rest of my belongings by 11 and started heading west on the pumkinvine bike path. That is a great trail, it bummed me out when I had to ride on the buggy roads. They hardly compare. Sr 20 is surprisingly nice, The trucks blow by at 5 times my speed but the shoulder is huge. I stopped at Lucy's vedi twist for an icecream cone and an interview with a casting rep from Naked and Afraid. I have another video interview on Friday. While I was eating my peach frozen yogurt my inner tube on the front wheel exploded with a bang and I had to fix it before I could leave. We left as soon as possible and stuck to the paved roads to avoid another flat. The ride got hilly but the scenery was nice and the weather was great. I rode 30 more miles with my pace slowing because of the hills and headwind. Somewhere in Dekalb I stopped to get directions to a campground and no one knew anything so I decided to find somewhere on my own. I crossed hwy 69 and right there less than a mile away was an abandoned business and a house. It was trashed and stinky but it had a roof and screens on the windows. I did what I needed to do updating my family and such and then fell asleep hard for a few solid hours.

1 comment: