Thursday, April 24, 2014

38 days

I got a plan to fill the rest of my 40 days with activities and fill in the calendar with things I need to accomplish before I go. So far there are about a hundred things to do. I'm fulfilling one by writing on here as much as possible. The other thing I was supposed to do was to get a doctor to write me a prescription for  Makai, my dog. I think I got one!
So today I went ziplining. like normal. Except I had a corporate group and they were kinda boring. That only lasted until the mid point of the tour when one of the participants had a rock get stuck in his trolley and I had to go get him.We were only 100 feet off the ground, dangling together while I had him step up in an etrier, or rope ladder, to unclip him and move to another trolley. Its an easy task that I have spent hundreds of hours testing myself and others to be sure that all of our guides can do it under 3 minutes. This time I just had to do it 300 feet down a cable with other groups and guides all around in the forest watching and hooting and hollering. I pulled the unfortunate Joe about half way back to the platform when I had to take a break. He looked back at me and said, " What are we stopping for? Don't take a break. My nuts are getting crushed."  After getting back to the ground we all had a good laugh about it and continued the tour like normal. Poor Joe will forever be that one guy that got stuck in the middle of the zipline during the company outing. I'm sure the story is going to be greater by the time he gets back home to Louisiana. Its ok with me, I don't mind being the zipline guide that saved his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment