Saturday, March 8, 2014

surfing in the rain

Last night we had a gathering to congratulate the new zipline guides at work. We had pizza and beer and began the night, somewhere along the line Aaron made me a tequila drink and the night got a little hazy from there. Luckily I got the day off today because there was a storm and no one booked tours. Aaron and I decided last night to go surf today down the coast so we left dreary Kohala and went to Puako to catch some waves after a morning at market and some a few hours of nursing our hangovers. Weirdly it was raining on the west coast, where the annual precipitation is around three inches. We got in the water as the waves were dying out and everyone left. So we stayed in as long as we could and surfed great waves by ourselves. I caught some really nice small waves on Peter's long board but couldn't hang for very long because the residual PBR in my system was affecting my ability to have a good time. All in all it was worth it just to get in the water. The waves continue for the next few days so hopefully I will catch some more.My weekend continues tomorrow with some more beach time and hopefully a hike with Alyssa in the dry forest reserve. There is fruit on the agenda too. Star apples are going off right now. Hopefully I can score more bananas this weekend and keep the dehydrator running. I'm filling up my next few weekends with epic adventures so I need to buckle down the fruit storage this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment