Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cycle Diaries

There, we understood that our vocation, our true vocation, was to move for eternity along the roads and seas of the world.  Always curious, looking into everything that came before our eyes, sniffing out each corner but only ever faintly- not setting down roots in any land or staying long enough to see the substratum of things; the outer limits would suffice. 

-Che-
Motorcycle Diaries

     The universe is on my side, not pushing but keeping me in the flow of this adventure. Yesterday I was asked by Rob, the owner of the zipline, to take a couple guys to the course. They turned out to be a local bike shop owner in Waimea and a professional bike racer who were looking for trails to start a mountain biking tour company this fall. They just so happened to be riding trails that I had done before, looking for the best spots. We got to talking and the conversation just happened to end up taking us to the information that I have been looking for; more ideas about the bike, the trails, and the options.
     When I was hired by Rob he told me to look up the definition of serendipity. Webster says it is the faculty of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for. It is the ability to see these synchronicities rather than  seeking them out. In my case, I am seeking these things but not pushing, just asking. Manifesting the dream out of the ether and making it my reality.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! When it's right, it just seems to happen and all the pieces fall neatly into place. Glad it's happening for you!

    ReplyDelete